You’ve probably heard me talk many times about our community, and how in this space, we engage in COURAGEOUS, DYNAMIC, DELICIOUS conversations.
So…this week I wanted to do a little something different and share with you one of my own UNSCRIPTED conversations with my son, Jelani, and my nephew, Justin, to get their generation’s perspective on how communication, respect and parenting have changed over time. Be sure to watch til the end when my dad makes a surprise appearance!
Some of the topics we talk about, include:
- How social media and technology has changed the way we communicate
- How parenting has changed over time and the importance of being a parent first and a friend second
- Respecting the wisdom of your elders
- How discipline and accepted behavior has changed
- Serving children age-appropriate truths
- Some of the most OUTRAGEOUS things they have seen on social media,
- And the lessons my son and my nephew want to pass down to their children when they become fathers someday.
After you watch, drop a comment below and share with me what generational differences strike you the most? I love reading your #BOLs (breakthrough out louds). If you have children, did you raise them differently than you were raised? Do you see a difference in how this next generation communicates? What is the most outrageous thing you have seen lately on social media? How have you noticed parenting styles change over time? What lessons do you remember the most that were taught to you as a child? What key principles guide your life?
Thank you for letting me share my family, the people who matter to me the most, with you. Remember, YOU are part of my extended family. And when I say I love you and I believe in you, it’s because I truly do.
Your Sister in Prosperity and in Possibility,